NHS Digital are improving the way in which they collect information from our clinical records for planning and research activities; this is really important for the ongoing development of NHS funded and public health services.
There are very strict security arrangements in place around this data extraction and legal safeguards are in place to prevent the information being used in any other ways.
The following information types will not be extracted through this process
- patient names and full addresses
- written notes (free text) of any consultations or interactions between patients and clinicians
- images, letters, videos, or documents
- medicines, appointment, or referral data over ten years old
- legally restricted data such as IVF treatment or gender reassignment
For more information click here.
If you wish to opt out of your data being used in this way please download this opt out form and drop it in at reception. Please note: this is the only involvement in this process that the practice has.